Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Over Driven Church

Just chatting with my parents online and thinking about the whole driven church thing (purpose driven, values driven...).

There seems to be this stigma that if we have the right values, the right purposes, and if we give them enough attention, then a church will succeed and be godly.

And then our society seems to be moving at a rapid pace. There is a notion that keeps us busy, as if busyness is the point. I wonder if this has bled into the Church. I wonder if the church has become so busy that it consumes it's people so that they can't even have a life outside of it. I wonder if we have become overdriven...

Anyway, I wonder what would happen if the Church attempted to be balanced.

I will have to think of some way to do this within our ministry...

No comments: