Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween Tricks

Well, this was the first halloween for Aubrey and I to be in our very own house. We were so excited that we went (when i saw we, I mean "me") and bought tons, I mean tons, of candy for the trick-or-treaters. I came home and put all the candy (like 10 different types) in a cauldron that we have. And it was almost overflowing. And then I waited for all the little kids to come in their costumes. And I waited. I waited. I waited.

No kids showed up. Probably one of the most disappointing nights of my entire life (okay, a slight exageration, but it was a downer). I sat in the living room with hopes that they would show up. I even went out onto the front porch and shouted to all who could hear me that we had plenty of candy left. I would have let any kid take as much as they wanted...

I think everybody went to the rich neighborhoods. And you know what!? As soon as the time limit went by, all the lights in my neighborhood came on. They had been waiting until the time was up to turn on their lights. Humbug neighbors.

So, if anybody wants to stop by and get some candy...

Make sure you're dressed up.

2 comments:

M said...

So you're saying that we can't drop by naked? No shoes, no shirt, no candy?

Sam said...

You need to see if you can get a refund on that candy man

sorry dude