Friday, May 06, 2005

Reunited

Well, my parents arrived in the states yesterday. I got to see them for the first time in 1.5 years. It was so cool.

I was halfway expecting it to be the magical moment when everything stops and you run into each others arms, but that wasn't it. I would describe it more like the "wow, I haven't seen my life-bearers in 1.5 years and I'm so excited, glad, happy, joyful, but I'm also feeling guilty because I'm 5 minutes late to pick them up" kind of feeling. Thankfully they didn't get to the release gate until I got there, so it looked like I had been waiting there, when in reality I had just walked up.

We stayed up until 12:30 (they hadn't slept for 29 hrs) reminiscing, hugging, being glad to see each other. It's fun to be with them as they readjust to our society and culture. Their eyes got big in the grocery store, and they got goosebumps because of the 40 degree temperature change. They enjoyed seeing the trees of VA, riding on smooth roads (apparently you can't go more than 25 mph on the bumpy roads over there), eating Klondike bars...

Man, it's great to see them. I'm thankful for parents who are still passionate about following God's heart for their lives. They really offer me a life worthy of following.

Fun fact: my parents left Bangkok at 2:30 on Thursday and arrived in Detroit at 2:20 on Thursday. That's crazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well now they are going to know that you weren't there. Hope they don't read your blogs. Oh well.