Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Explanation of Blog Title: Re-Everything

I might change the title of my blog sometime in the future, but for right now I am leaving it, because it describes some of what my life is right now.

As I have recently begun marriage, working with God's body (and the institution known as the Church), and other various post-college things, I have found that I am rethinking many of the things that I've thought before. Part of the rethinking involves re-viewing tradition and the past. Another part is re-imagining what we can do with the future. While another part is re-evaluating the status quo. A huge part is re-telling God's story in the flow of our times.

I do not believe that God's truth has changed. I do not believe that the basics of human existence (suffering, joy, pain, love, evil, good) have altered either. But I am discovering that the lenses through which we see God's truth and the basics of human existence are changing. I desire to re-examine God's truth, and to re-tell it to my friends and fellow humans in a way that cuts through their current lenses.

God isn't absent from this re-everything. He inundates it all. And I believe he guides and will guide me in this.

I don't know what this will look like, but I feel the yearning to re-think. And hopefully through conversations, reading, listening and responding I will please God through this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't know if you'll get this, but this entry made me think of the conversation we had about people's ultimate destination; whether hell was eternal. i've been having good conversations with people about it, but i haven't come to any conclusions really. i'm bent towards thinking hell is forever, which sucks.
daveapplegate