Friday, August 24, 2007

Vocation

In a reply to a post by Byron Borger...

"Your concerns that many Christian professionals have difficulty articulating how their faith impacts their work are concerns that I've been wrestling with as a youth pastor. I've been asking "how do we help teens develop a worldview that is so God-drenched that when they seek out their job/vocation, they see it as an extension of the God-calling on their lives?" Os Guiness obviously has much to say here, but I think it may go even further."

Check out his post.

1 comment:

Scott said...

This is a major issue the church has really messed up.

We've turned work into nothing more than a money-laundering scheme to do the "real" work of ministry. I think it's because most pastor's have never had a job outside the church that they just don't understand...

Have you seen the work by H.E. Butts (yes, his real name) on this at www.thehighcalling.org ??

Also, check out my blog...I'm running the NYC marathon for World Vision and want people to give, adopt a child, etc....
scomarsh.blogspot.com

Peace to your peeps.